Cloonliffen gets its name from Cluain Luibhin which means Meadow of Herbs. It is situated on the site of the Battle of Moytura and has three cairns in its sight named after the first three kings killed in the battle.
There is folklore tradition of hedgeschools in the area.
Our old school is used in our crest and is pictured here.
It was built in 1890 and was replaced by the new building in 1964.
In 2002 we set up a portacabin to house a new classroom for First-Third Classes and a Resource Room for Learning Support.
In 2008, we added another portacabin to house 1st and 2nd Class under Miss Mulroe's care.
In 2010 we opened a new extension to make new classrooms for 1st and 2nd; 3rd and 4th; a Resource Room and a Staff Room.